Wednesday, 15 May 2013
Touchsquid Remote App Version 4 Now Released May 15, 2013
Version 4.00 is a complete re-write of the app aimed at making it more reliable and easier to maintain. We have responded to a lengthy list of user requests. Here are the main new features:
1. Support for Samsung and HTC phones with IR, requiring portrait mode.
2. User definable graphics. Basically there are for folders for users to add graphics which replace the built in files (only when present).
TSR/NamedViews contains button graphics and backgrounds.
TSR/ActivityIcons contains what it sounds like...
TSR/SquareButs -the small square buttons. If you want to do a special font you can build it into a button.
TSR/RectangleButs -the rectangle shaped slightly larger buttons for custom commands.
We are having a graphic designer do several "Themes" which will be posted on line. Users can share their own graphics on this forum or even sell them.
3. Drag and drop moving of favorites to make rearranging screens easier.
4. User nameable devices and activities.
5. Macros are stored in a more robust fashion, and the 10 command limit is no more.
6. Device remotes, which control only one device, are now available. They can be customized, but start with the main common buttons predefined.
7. A new "All commands" list (Squid eye/Device name) brings up a scrollable button list of every command the device has and you can touch commands multiple times without closing the list.
8. Multiple external blasters are supported, even when they are of different brands. They are identified by IP address so a fixed IP setup is recommended.